According to an article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), more than 225,000 people die each year due to iatrogenic (doctor-caused) injuries. This has become the third leading cause of death in the United States, after deaths from heart disease and cancer:
- 12,000 deaths a year from unnecessary surgery
- 7,000 deaths a year from medication errors in hospitals
- 20,000 deaths a year from other errors in hospitals
- 80,000 deaths a year from infections in hospitals
- 106,000 deaths a year from non-error, adverse effects of medication
Protect your rights. Get compensated for your injuries.
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from medical malpractice, you may be entitled to compensation. Complete the Quick Intake form at the top of this page or call our legal intake center at 1 (800) 438-6453 to receive your FREE case evaluation.